Solar power is the earth’s most abundant resource. Solar energy lowers emissions from electricity generation and decreases long-term energy costs. Kenny helps clients to augment building electrical supply to offset a building’s demand for energy, either through partial support or complete solar power solutions that drive an entire building.
- Reduces monthly utility costs
- Supports retention or increase in value of building
- Demonstrates company’s commitment to resolving environmental issues in the eyes of customers, peers, employees and investors
- Reduces consumption of other energy sources (coal, nuclear, natural gas, oil), thereby lowering environmental risk associated with transportation and distribution
- Lowers our collective dependence on foreign energy and fossil fuels
Kenny is a supporter of the U.S. Green Building Council, and can help clients meet LEED certification requirements, or qualify for rebate assistance through the integration of solar, wind and energy conversation driven design.
Infrared Thermography Scans
IR scans are a practical method of identifying a need for electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance. The process uses thermal imaging equipment to detect, record and display thermal temperature differences and patterns across the surface of an object, like a wall, window, door or even electric panel.
This process can be applied to any situation where information about thermal profiles would provide data for preventative maintenance or repair. Frequently annual scans are required by commercial building insurance agencies.
- Performed by certified Level 1 Thermographers and Arc Flash trained electricians
- Identifies electrical overheating and overload conditions
- Identifies hot spots to reduce electrical failures or even fire
The team at Kenny is UL certified for lightning protection systems. We employ UL and factory certified technicians as well as a team of project managers who will help to design a safer building environment.
- Single point grounding of AC and DC distribution systems
- Ground resistance and fall-of-potential testing
- Inspection and repair of existing lightning protection
- Tank battery, wellhead, and submersible pump protection systems
- Earth ground electrode systems
- Lightning ground impedance testing
Fire Detection and Alarms
Kenny designs, supplies and installs a variety of fire detection and alarm systems that reduce the loss of life and property. Ask Kenny how we can assist with reducing insurance premiums through qualified fire detection equipment.
- Horns, chimes, and strobes
- Manual and automated fire alarms
- Smoke and fire detection
- Mass notification systems
- Voice evacuation
- Fire resistant cabling and conduit (Plenum rated) installation
- Smoke control systems
UL Panel Shop and Pre-Fabrication
When looking for a turnkey solution to upgrade or expand your current system, Kenny is a certified UL508A and UL698A Certified resource. We provide panel design and fabrication, installation and repair.
- PLC and relay logic controllers
- Multiple control platforms
- Pneumatic and 4-20ma applications
- Instrumentation calibration
- VFD installation and programming
- Soft start applications
- TVSS systems
Some clients look to improve the efficiency of a new construction site by reducing the amount of congestion caused by an overabundance of stored materials. Kenny assists with that goal by pre-fabricating electrical assemblies, prepared for delivery to the site, just-in-time for installation.
- Skids are delivered secured and labeled by area, floor, and system
- Systems are tested and certified through seven quality control checkpoints
- Process reduces cost of labor and material goods
- Process improves safety at the site
- Process reduces the cost of waste removal from the site
Facility Maintenance Programs
Establishing a preventative maintenance schedule is the first step in reducing the overall cost of facilities management by lengthening the life of equipment and preventing costly, unsafe failures. Kenny will help to identify and recommend a maintenance program and schedule for you.
A program may include:
- Infrared scans to identify faulty breakers or other hotspot conditions
- Cleaning interior and exterior distribution switchboards, motor control centers, VFD’s and UPS systems
- Torque and tightening bus bars and mechanical connections
- Testing and calibrating ground fault breakers and sensors
- Primary and secondary injection testing
- Lubrication of interior moving parts
Power Quality Analysis
Kenny assists clients in determining how reliable their system is, concerning operational load. When faced with a disturbance in power voltage, current or frequency, Kenny will identify measures which will keep power systems safe and uninterrupted – to keep your business running.
- Utility, emergency and alternative energy sources
- Electrical measurements (load, voltage, power factor, anomalies)
- Corrective and protective analysis
- Back-up resources (portable generators, UPS and kinetic storage)
- TVSS surge suppressors